Friday, September 26, 2008

Singapore Raya

Friday, September 26, 2008
Next Tuesday, my mom & I will be shooting off to Singapore for Raya, my other siblings will be joining us later on 3rd Raya.

Some of my friends keep asking best sangat ke Raya in Singapore?? Its not even a kampong!!!

I know they definitely dun have the kampong ambience, but for few of my best friends yg jugak orang sane ie Lynn Hanie & Dina, I think they have the same thought on this!! Raya @ Singapore is the best!!

Even thou their country are smaller than Perlis but I think how they celebrate it are wayyyyyyyyy better than KL!! They have colourful festive bazaars at “Geylang Serai” & “Kampung Glam” …so called like our Masjid India laa….

so wat are they offerings??


Numeral food stalls, these I loike!!!

men's shoes

accesories!!!

They even have cultural performances!!


They even buat competition for the best lightings + decorations ok!!! That’s why as you can see they tried to create the best lightings in their best way…m not condemning KL, but dont you think our Raya décor lightings are the same each year???!!!! If not ketupat mesti bulan or if not bintang nyer design!!! Tak creative langsung!!!!!!!!!




In Geylang Serai, its packed every year – yeap believe or not, time ni la you can see loadsssss of Muslims in Spore..sungguh takjub hokeh!! Doluuu-doluuu I usually thought that Spore ni full of Chinese peeps but NOOOOOOOOOOO….Muslims pun tak kurang banyak & most of the guys sungguh kacak seyyyy!!! hehehe

Anyhoo, I usually grab my cuzzies to go malam Raya – thats when they marked down the price till morning right before sembahyang Raya–so its gila murah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My uncles & aunties usually bangun early in the morning ie 3am/4am just to grab the marked down stuff ie carpet or home décor..

Then on pagi Raya, usually all of us gonna gather at my aunty’s apt in Loyang Village!! Everyone usually dah kat sana by 10am!! And this is the best part – we can see the whole family will be wearing the same tone of colour!! Its either that or same design but usually same colour laaa!!

Everyone in Spore does the same, when u are in the car going to one house to another, you can see the other Muslim families jalan kaki or naik pick up truck or lorry with their sedondon baju raya!! I think its dooper cool!!! If kat KL naik lorry pakai baju raya sedondon??!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jangan cakap KL la, mane-mana kampong in Malaysia ni pun, I bet people will laugh at you kan??!! Mesti nyer!!!

So that’s my Singapore Raya story….ape-ape hal pun, don’t get me wrong “Hujan emas di negeri orang, Hujan batu di negeri sendiri, baik lagi di negeri sendiri”… I still love Malaysia of what it is!!!!!!!! ;)

and with this, my fiance, Muhd Izuan & I, would like to wish you ..

Glitter Photos
have a safe RAYA everyone!!!

0 picky me!:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates ►